To grow and share our relationship with God through Christ.
Reflecting the love of God in Christ through welcome, worship, and witness.
- Open Communion
- No Creed but Christ
- Spiritual Environment
- Love God/Love Neighbor
More About Us
Timberlake Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) is affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). “The mission of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) is to be and to share the good news of Jesus Christ, witnessing, loving and serving from our doorsteps to the ends of the earth.” We do this through the practice of deep Christian spirituality, true community, and a passion for justice.
We believe that Jesus is the son of the Living God, and offers saving grace to all. We believe that all people are God’s children. A Disciples’ identity statement says, “We are Disicples of Christ: a movement for wholeness in a fragmented world. As part of the one body of Christ, we welcome all to the Lord’s Table as God has welcomed us.”
Our core beliefs include:
- Open communion. The Lord’s Supper, or Communion, is celebrated weekly in worship. It is open to all who believe in Jesus Christ.
- Freedom of belief. Disicples are called together around one essential of faith: belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. We are free to follow our consciences, guided by scripture, the Holy Spirit, study, and prayer.
- Baptism by immersion. In baptism the old self-centered life is set aside, and a new life of trust in God begins. However, other baptismal traditions are honored, such that re-baptism is not necessary.
- Belief in the oneness of the church. All Christians are called to be one in Christ and to seek opportunities for common witness and service.
- The ministry of all believers. Both ministers and lay persons lead in worship, service, and teaching.
To learn more about the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), visit www.disciples.org.